Water softeners do a great job at getting rid of some heavy metals along with hardness, however water softening systems are not the best way to remove organic and inorganic materials (such as microbiological contaminants) and particulates (such as sand, rust and silt). Vesta whole house water filters reduce these impurities with a fine physical barrier, chemicals, or some other method to help clean water and make it suitable for drinking or other uses.
Carbon Filters – Activated carbon is a widely used filtration substance. Activated carbon targets various volatile organic compounds, such as benzene, trichloroethylene, and various pesticides and petroleum related compounds.
Sediment Filters – Systems remove contaminants as water enters your home. Whole house filtration systems are installed where water enters the home plumbing system and reduces sediment, sand and rust at the main water supply so there’s less build up inside water heaters, pipes, dishwashers and other appliances and fixtures.
Scale Reduction Systems – These systems don’t soften water, but transform the calcium and magnesium carbonate (temporary hardness) of the water into mechanically stable and heat resistant calcite crystals (nanometre size) which no longer cause lime deposits. The calcium and magnesium crystals are rinsed away.
Acid Neutralizer Systems – Calcite will raise the pH of your water from an acidic nature to a “neutral” pH and get rid of any blue/green staining of fixtures, toilets, sinks, etc.
Not sure what solutions are right for you? Contact us and we can help determine which water softener or filtration system is right for your home.
- All Vesta controls feature solid state microprocessors with easy access front panel settings
- Double backwash feature offers optimum regeneration, cleaning ability and efficiency
- Fully adjustable regeneration cycles- saves water
- Days override feature from 1 to 28 days available
- Stores system configuration and operation data in non-volatile memory
- Easily programmed for optimum performance by your Vesta installer
- Extended lithium battery backup
- Advanced history and diagnostic screens
- High quality filtration medias to target specific water problems
- VESTA brand plate style tank design delivers evenly distributed and high quality flows thru the system